This past week has been a fun one, with many out and about activities in The City. I checked out the Aladdin show at The Orpheum which was fun for the Goldstar ticket price, but not a must-see. I also went to the Asian Art Museum’s exhibit on Korean couture, which proved a little disappointing since the historical garments featured are all modern reproductions. Looking forward to spending some time outside this weekend as the weather clears up.
What fun plans do you have for Veteran’s Day weekend?
Here are a few things I have been loving this week:
- The “Queen’s” Last Hurrah: Such a random thing, but United Airlines had a goodbye party for its last 747 flight from SFO to Hawaii and it looked so cute! I have been flying on United since I was a little girl, and this party made me reminiscent of the flights I have taken on the 747 jet. And honestly, how cute is the lei that they put on the airplane?!
- Sufjan Stevens’ Song: I am such a fan of this angsty artist and I am loving his new-ish song “Mystery of Love“. It is a little whiny and definitely not for everyone (my brother who is a fan usually of Sufjan promptly professed his dislike for the song when I shared it with him) but personally, I’ll be listening to it all weekend.
- Meryl Streep Meets Anna Wintour at Vogue: Vogue’s YouTube channel is easily one of my favorites, and I love this recent video with two powerhouse women! They talk about their work and their belief in a future female POTUS, plus there’s plenty of Devil Wears Prada references!
- A Confused Cow: I think cows might be my favorite animal they always seem so playful and sweet (if not already plainly obvious by that sentence, I don’t eat red meat). This video of a cow who thinks he is a dog brought an instant smile to my face.
- Bow Shoes from Eugenia Kim X Banana Republic: How perfect are these heels for the holidays? The price is not so perfect, but I’ll be keeping an eye out for them if they go on sale!